According to research, 76% workers plug unknown USB drives into their company PCs, compromising their network security and introducing malware into the system. Besides, almost 20% of 1,000 UK office workers interviewed also revealed that they have lost unsecure USB drives containing sensitive business information. These statistics point towards the susceptibility of our sensitive data in USB drives to leakage and theft.
Hence, it only makes sense to secure data in the USB drives through secure, centrally managed systems. While secure USB automatically and instantly protects all stored data on the USB drive, SafeConsole central USB management enables complete control over the organization’s SafeConsoleReady Devices.
Organizational Benefits of Centrally Managed Secure USB Drives
Here is how organizations can use secure centrally managed USB drives to protect sensitive information:
- Centrally managed USB drives ensure the security and availability of stored data for users, be it organizations or administrators.
- They help USB drives evolve into a complete portable computing platform.
- Enable users to share specific information, rather than all data present on the USB, with intended users.
- They protect users from unintended USB malware during file sharing.
- It is the best means of secure file sharing over the internet, especially where putting in place secure emailing may be difficult.
- Enable organizations to comply with the safety and accountability standards, even for devices present outside the network perimeter or are offline. This is achieved by activating the device’s complete audit capacities for file changes and device actions.
- Enable organizations to issue portable virtual workspaces for employees on their USB devices, in essence managed thumbtops – this offers a cost-effective and offers secure work environment for users within the protected workspace.
- Central USB management also helps organizations improve their control over their private data and limits device wastage with detailed inventory of all managed devices.